Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Man!

Cody is one today!
We made it through the first year even with very little sleep. Today is a day of reflection for me as I try to remember all of the little things that make my son such an awesome human! I cannot even imagine the great things he will accomplish and know and travel to see.

I am so excited to see all of the new things he does each day. For instance, he and Daddy love to "high-five" and he listens whenever Ani is reading a book to him. He is starting to climb the stairs and I am hoping out of the crib is not next. I am amazed that is already a one-man wrecking service.No dog kennel is too small or mountain too big. He is pulling up on everything and has turned everything in the house into some sort of drum or musical instrument. We have been going to Romp-n-roll baby gym class and having a blast. He will eat anything you put in front of him. I was cutting up a pear for him and he snatched it and started eating it.

Cody loves to imitate every sound and face I make. I am trying to get a photo of "the old man face." I think it is his thinking face but boy is it funny and he knows it. You can't help but smile when he smiles at you. He loves to help me with the laundry. I will go ahead and say "you're welcome" to my future daughter-in-law. Ha!Ha!

I am in awe at the sweet hugs and slobbery kisses I get each day. Thanks to God that I can be at home for them! I just can't believe that it has been a year. I can't remember as much as I was hoping but I know I was there ever day and as much as I can for Cody (and Ani too). I know that I am not the best about writing all of this down, and I intend to do better in 2011. I just hope that one day they will be able to read the stories and look at the pictures and know Mommy loves them so much.

Happy 1st Birthday Little Bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment